ASSOCIATION OF MIDWIFERY EDUCATORS
Board of Directors
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
The Association of Midwifery Educators is soliciting nominations to the Board of Directors for two year terms starting fall 2016. Self-nominations are welcome. If nominating another person, please make sure they are willing to be placed on the ballot. Nominations will close on Monday August 22, 2016.
AME believes that education is the very foundation of a healthy and thriving midwifery profession. For 10 years now AME has worked tirelessly to support excellence in midwifery education through connection, collaboration and communication. Midwifery educators need the resources to train the professionals of the future and it is our mission to provide them with this support. Some of our proud accomplishments include:
- AME website offering numerous valuable resources for educators
- Annual educator workshops at MANA
- Preceptor as Educator online professional development series
- Online provider of continuing education for NACPM webinars
- Co-presenter with NACPM of CPM Symposium 2012
- Member of Academic Collaborative for Integrative Health (ACIH) (formerly ACCAHC)
- The Clinical Directors Collaboration, a monthly meeting of school clinical directors
AME is a not-for-profit 501(c)(6) member organization. Our bylaws require that our members elect the Board of Directors. To learn more about AME, visit our website at www.associationofmidwiferyeducators.org and click on “About us.” Consider nominating yourself or someone you believe would be a good leader in midwifery education. Interested persons must join AME to be included on the ballot.
Term: The Elections Committee of AME is inviting nominations for a two-year term beginning Fall 2016, with the possibility of additional terms.
Expectations: Board members are volunteers and are required to attend regular board and committee phone conference call meetings, attend an annual, in-person board meeting usually scheduled around the national MANA conference, and participate in the work of AME. Board members can expect to donate 8-10 hours per month to AME board work. Directors do not receive any salary for their services, but by resolution of the Board of Directors, the expenses of attendance, if any, may be allowed for attendance at each regular or special Board meeting.
- Educator in midwifery or related health professions. An educator would include academic faculty and clinical instructors or preceptors.
- Member of AME (join at www.associationofmidwiferyeducators.org)
- The knowledge, skills and passion for the work of supporting midwifery education in a changing political, cultural and social landscape.
- Commitment to the work of undoing racism in midwifery education.
- Current or former midwifery licensure (CPM, CNM or state licensed) is highly desirable.
- Exceptions to the above requirements may be made for applicants with skills specific to the needs of AME to meet its strategic initiatives.
Membership: Membership is open to all who value midwifery education – midwives, educators, consumers, supporters and educational institutions. Annual dues:
- Individual member: Midwifery program faculty, preceptor, instructor, staff or administration. Cost: $45/year
- Institutional member: A midwifery program or institution. Cost on a sliding scale:
- small (1-3 employees) $150/year
- mid-sized (4-12 employees) $200/year
- large (13+ employees) $300/year
- Supporting member: Any individual or organization that supports the work of AME. Cost: $35/year
To join visit AME’s website at http://www.associationofmidwiferyeducators.org and click on “Join AME Today”.
- AME’s administrative coordinator will email a call for nominations to all AME members
- Any member in good standing may self-nominate
- Anyone may nominate a member of AME who has agreed to be placed on the ballot
- The nominee must complete the AME Board of Directors Application form
- All nominations will be considered for inclusion in the election ballot
- The Elections Committee will prepare the ballot
- The Election will take place electronically
- Each current member will receive the ballot, with timeline and instructions for voting
- Each individual member shall have one vote. Each institutional member shall have a number of votes proportional to the size of the institutional membership: a small institution – one vote, a mid-sized institution – 2 votes, and a large institution – 3 votes.
To make a nomination: Contact Abby Hall Luca, AME administrative coordinator, at email@example.com for a Board of Directors Application form.
Email completed application to: Sharon DeJoy, PhD, MPH, CPH, CPM at SDeJoy@wcupa.edu.